Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

first steps back to sewing: M 3

My friend Monika sewed all her Dear Jane blocks and tris - just one wasn't done: M 3 and she asked me to do it for her. Please visit Sigrid's webpage, there you can see Monika's designwall.

So this was my first step back to the sewing department. Prepairing the Freezer Paper templates and placing them on the fabric including the exact cutting took me much longer than I expected. ( this version counts 21 pieces )

The block is done by hand and ready to go to Lüneburg. I'm glad, to be part of her big Baby.

I did part of the sewing at the LQS nearbye, the owner just called another women, who is going to start her own DJ Baby soon. She came over to talk to me - and brought a pretty Jewel Box quilt to show. She also pointed me into the right direction for the perfect backing fabric ( 108 " ). The Henry Glass fabric shows feathers, which I love - here together with my two background fabrics ( from Buggy Barn ).

Now I'll sew my own M 3 - off to prepair the tiny pieces.

1 comment:

Luenetraum said...

Das ist ja super, ich freue mich ganz dolle.