Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Quilter's Shorthand Acronyms & Hearts

While "traveling" in www blogland I got to this blog, she translate the acronyms quilters are using in their groups and mails. Most of them I knew, but not all. An example: do you know what TGIF is???

Yesterday I was very active in my studio and finished the piecing of a TOP secret present. Unfortunatly my beloved Bernina 440 QE wasn't cooperative - the BSR function didn't work like it should. But I maschinequilted it the oldfashioned way - will try to fix the problem later. In the evening I handquilted special parts of the blocks AND I got really in trouble. PLEASE: don't eat chocolate while quilting!!!
How do I know? I got dark brown soft chocolate on very light plain parts of the central block!!!

I was in shock at first, decided to wash the UFO (still no binding)

Do you imagine my relief - the chocolate was gone in the morning?

To tell a good news:
My participation in a 6 inch Heart block swap was accepted -
I waited until the very last minute ( some hours more, to tell you the truth ) -
BUT I got in ....
I thought about, but was afraid to make that many blocks like in the Christmas Siggy Swap I'm in ( 165 blocks !!! ) Now I have to do 45 heart blocks - until March 31, 2009

BTW: I am the only one waiting for the Xmas Siggies, it seems to me (and I paid $ 40 to get them quick)
My friend Monika and I are swapping heart blocks as a longterm project for around one year now. All in different sizes, even some are rectangles. I started dreaming about a 6 inch heart border:

1 comment:

trash said...

That heart border would look amazing wouldn't it?

Am blog-hopping my way through Chookyblue's SSCS list to see who else is playing along.