Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I promised more pics. Here they are
I spent one week with my friend Monika and we had a lot of fun together and participated at a quiltshops exhibition.
Of course I had to buy some fabrics as well, infected from Monika's tote ..... more about that later

My Dear Jane Secret Pal sent fantastic fabrics in the past months to Poland.
They coordinate perfect together: turquoise and brown, sewing themed. My husband wondered how excited I was, when this fabrics arrived and offered the longarmquilting at my favourite place in Indiana ( hi Colleen! ) Isn’t that great?
Starting with an idea of Robert Kaufmann, the designer of one of the series
I played with crayons on paper the oldfashioned way ;-)
This is the result of my sewing during the last week at my friends home.

Even with some health issues I was able to finish 15 11” blocks – TADA!!

sorry, the colors aren't exactly how it looks like in reality .... but I liked to take pictures in Monika's wonderful garden.
I added my siggys rectangles, which had been signed for me by the Janiacs at the DJ Retreat in Shipshewana / November 2oo5.
Here comes an impression of the Siggy border.

Now I’m waiting for another fabric to make the missing 3 blocks and I found a great flannel for the backside also at equilter.
Actually my DH is for 4 weeks on exercise and works really hard,
Nelli and I take care for the house.
Hugs Brigitte

3 comments:

Annie said...

Loved your bag for the bag swap - and those blocks are great.

Luenetraum said...

Wir beide haben gemeinsam immer gute Ideen.Das ist schön!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luenetraum said...

Schön, das Du Deinen Blog renoviert hast.
Gefällt mir viel besser.
Ich brüte schon wieder neue Ideen aus.....????