Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Thursday, June 14, 2007

speachless

I am totally speachless!
Yesterday my little quiltgroup (of 4) celebrated my last participation of the monthly meeting.
We met at Gaby's home, she opend in a Bengali dress (she is married to Salek -35 years now-, he is from Bangladesh) and she offered first a delicious raspberry/eggnogg cake - hmmmmmmmm and in the evening a very special FANTASTIC Bengali dinner - GREAT
between both meals Gaby presented a departure present to me:

a quilttop!!!! cream-on-cream with plaids from Lunghis's (cotton dresses men wears in Bangladesh) - I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!



















Afterworth the 3 other ladies presented me a very flat ~ 20" package ........... wrapped in violet paper and it is

drummroll please

an embroidered Quilt "Jane's Quilt Garden" from http://www.lindamyers.com/
I was totally overwhelmed and speachless, it is a BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!










Angelika, Brigitte, Inge and Ute worked each a quarter, they talked about how long it took: each women worked about 40 - 45 hours to stitch it for me
Isn't that real friendship ?????????????????
BTW: I moved to this city nearly 4 years ago, so we know each other not the whole life ....










I am still in tears

4 comments:

Hanne said...

Hi Brigitte :-)
These are lovely gifts indeed.
Hugs, H.

Jeanne said...

What wonderful friends you have made while in Germany! I'm sure you will treasure their gifts always. They are both beautiful!

Clare said...

What beautiful quilts from some lovely people. I think they are going to miss you very much.

Tonya Ricucci said...

that is true friendship. what beautiful gifts.